Monday, October 27, 2008

Sweet Potato Porridge

(serves 2)

    My wife recently came down with a bad sore throat (not because of my cooking :P), and so I decided to try cooking porridge. I used the AUTO COOK function the first time and adapted the timing when using MANUAL COOK. My porridge tends slightly more to the viscous Cantonese-style porridge than to the watery Teochew-style porridge.




Ingredients:
1/2 cup uncooked rice (washed)
5 cups water (water:rice = 10:1)
1 sweet potato, peeled and washed (approx 200g)

    Steps:
  1. Cut the sweet potato into circular slices about 1cm thick each.

  2. Put the rice, sweet potato slices and water into a pot that is big enough. (I use my rice cooker pot.)

  3. Put the pot into the Healsio oven and use SUPER ROAST mode at 200°C for 60mins. (Halfway thru, open the door briefly and stir the porridge with a spatula to mix well.)

  4. Remove pot from oven and serve.

Notes:
- Cooking time (minus preparation): 1hr
- Power Consumption (w/o draining): 2.4kWh

No comments: