My favourite, an "imitation" of Swensen's famous baked rice - easy to cook, filling enough for dinner, everything in 1 casserole, easy to clean up :) The mixed vege and sausages are first steamed as mine are usually taken out from the freezer/fridge, hence the need to cook them.
1/2 cup uncooked rice (washed clean)
2/3 cup water
1/2 small can of Campbell's soup
3/4 ricebowl mixed vegetables
1 large sausage (abt 15cm long, diameter 2.5cm)
2 square slices of cheese
- Dice sausage and spread on a small plate.
- Cover mixed vege in ricebowl with water.
- Place diced sausage and mixed vege in Healsio oven and use STEAM mode for 15mins. Put aside.
- Pour soup and water in a glass casserole.
- Add rice in casserole and stir to mix.
- Place casserole in Healsio oven and use STEAM mode for 30mins.
- Remove casserole from oven. Place 1 slice of cheese in the middle of the rice and break up the 2nd slice to cover the rest of the rice.
- Spread mixed vege and diced sausage evenly on top of cheese.
- Place casserole in Healsio oven and use OVEN mode (w/o preheat) at 200°C for 15mins.
- Remove casserole from oven and serve.
- Cooking time (minus preparation): 1hr
- Power Consumption (w/o draining): 2.15kWh